Pinoy CyberPunk Gamer: Pinoy Games, Pinoy Mods








     For those of you who are familiar with my “Remembering PinoyCyberPunk: Project Pawai“ blog, I’m glad to announce that I have a new blog. I would like to thank you for visiting http://www.pinoycyberpunk.blogspot.com/  
and hope you didn’t get  to frustrated reading that blog. The reason for this second blog  is that I need to discuss/share a very important topic with you which (at this point in time) is very relevant and one of the emerging development aspects in the field of computing in the Philippines, “Pinoy game design and development”. Also, for those of you who are new to my blogging, a very warm “Welcome” as I would also like to invite you to visit my previous blog where I discuss and share insights regarding my first cyberpunk novel and the sub-genre of “Pinoy CyberPunk in general”. 
 

    So, what about Filipino video/computer games and what are Mods? What do they have to do with Pinoy CyberPunk? Answering the first question would be the main goal of this blog. As for the second question, almost practically nothing hehe… unless of course the game/mod happens to be CyberPunk (like TRON or Circuit Edge).  It just so happens that aside from writing, my other passion (just like a lot of people) would be computer and video games. Simply put, this blog would be an extension of my first blog in the way that (I like to think) my game design and development efforts are somewhat also an extension of my writing. I spent the past several months designing and creating a “game mod” which (I believe) happens to be the first fully functional Filipino modification (Mod) of the “Valve” game “CounterStrike”.  Yes, it is still CounterStrike, but have you ever seen a Filipino CounterStrike game with Pinoy counter terrorist and terrorist characters, Pinoy speech (Tagalog na po!) and of course Pinoy map (sa Pilipinas na po ang location at hindi na po sa Italy or Middle East)?  For this, I made a short video presentation which I placed in YouTube  and you can visit it via this link: http://youtu.be/EtSwTIqoA8k or you can click on the My YouTube Videos menu button at the top
 

    This blog will be dedicated to learning more about not only my efforts but also those of my fellow Filipinos/Kababayans who are continually working and struggling to uplift Philippine computing through the video/computer game industry. A CounterStrike game mod is not an unusual thing abroad (like in highly developed countries like Germany or the US) but in the Philippines…
 

That’s how late the Philippines is in terms of technology and development. Imagine the amount of effort and innovation needed just to (moderately) catch up.
 

Thanks for reading (and viewing) and stay tuned for more discussions on Pinoy Games and Mods.   

Note: Just posted an update to this blog. Pls. click on the "newer post" link way down below if not yet displayed on the page. Thanks    

Comments