CounterStrike Pinoy Tactical

   Hello everyone. First of all, I really really apologize for letting this blog lag... just like the internet here in the Philippines. It seems that even my blog is experiencing "ping" problems hehe... 

I have been really busy the past months and a few things have happened since my last post here. For those of you who are familiar with my game mod "CounterStrike Pinoy", I guess it's time for CSPinoy to have a blogspot of its own. My apologies that I have to alter the direction of this blog. 

There are already a lot of blogs and media pages and organizations dedicated to Philippine game development. All you have to do is to search the web to find them. From this point on, I'll be discussing anything and everything that has to do with CounterStrike and CounterStrike Pinoy. 

I started blogging to sort of reminisce my first cyberpunk novel "Project Pawai" which I wrote a long long time ago. Then it started when I sort of dared myself to create a Filipino FPS game. Could it be done? No way, not by myself alone. So, what could I do? What about a mod? I mean they did it with DOTA and of course CounterStrike. 

Researching the web, I found out the Pinoys had already modded a couple of games like GTA Philippines and PBA2K not to mention the bunch playing around with Minecraft/PinoyCraft. So I decided to do it, mod CounterStrike and, almost a year later, I completed CounterStrike Pinoy with one Pinoy battle map/game level. "The rescue of Sally Ryde". 

I did have some help from my best friend with some model texturing (much appreciated)  but I guess, I had to do kind of 80 to 90% of the modding work which included the very very voluminous voice pack.  Again, it's still CS 1.6 but, it's Filipino! 

That was last March. Today, CSPinoy has a FaceBook Community, 2 FaceBook player groups and a YouTube game channel. As of now, we (CS1.6 Pinoy Gaming Community) are working to put up our community beta server so we can test the mod online. 

I'm working on the second map and once I've completed the map pack, I sure hope we can get the complete mod on Steam (just like Pro mod and Zombie mod). So, if you're interested in an FPS game mod by Pinoys for Pinoys, stick around. I'll be posting screenshots, videos, player interviews and maybe a guest review or so. 

In terms of FPS game development, we Pinoys are "null" but hey, better to start small or not at all. You can visit our FB community page for more info.  Thanks 

https://www.facebook.com/CS1.6PH






 


Comments